Saturday, September 3, 2016

Book review on The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson

The Kiss of Deception by: Mary E. Pearson

At first I didn’t want to read this book because I didn’t think that it would be worth the hype that was surrounded around his series! I than read the first Chapter (or rather listened too) and I was hooked! I couldn’t get enough of this book! I would seriously walk around listening to it and blocking out the entire world! Which is good for a book!

Lia is a reluctant princess from the House of Morrighan. The book starts off with her getting her Kavah (kind of like a henna tattoo) because she is to marry a prince to make an alliance with the kingdom of Dalbreck. She doesn’t really like this idea because she wants to marry for love and not because her country wants her to. So she flees with her servant/best friend Pauline. She than is followed by two men one being the prince she’s supposed to marry and the other an assassin who is ordered to kill her. For most of the book you’re really not sure which one is which. There are some documents taken of mysterious importance the whole book is an epic adventure that is so much fun to read.

The world building in this book is insane (wish I could come up with a better word for it than that)! Civiva, Terravin, The City of Dark Magic, the land of the Vagabonds, the forests and the Vendan Kindom were greatly magined in the colors, features and brief glimpses into the feelings of the inhabitants. While Pearson creates a great canvas for the story, you’re still able to fill in details from your own imagination. Personally this is the hallmark of great storytelling. Having some great info that allows your mind to run wild.
The friendships among the women are strong and pure. Berdi, Pauline, Gwyneth and Lia made a unified team during the time they were together. I wished that I could be a part of their life in Terravin.


I gave this book five stars and I am so excited to continue on with the series. I would recommend this book to anyone!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment